Some people who need a water filter look for a model with a reasonably smaller size and compact fit; however, if size is not a big deal for you then the Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House water filter might be just what you need, which, although not excessively large, was not designed with size in mind, but with water quality, and it excels at providing the best filtered water. Helping you get a better pH balance for your skin.
As the name suggests, the Aquasana EQ-1000 will provide you with filtered water for up to 10 years or 1,000,000 gallons, without requiring any maintenance, and the only parts that will need replacement for such period will be the pre-filters.
It is worth noting that the Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House is only a water filter and does not have a water softener module, so it will not help with the hardness in water if that is one of your problems, requiring an extra water softener.
The Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House system has the following stages: a sediment pre-filter, a main filter (with activated carbon, copper-zinc and mineral stone) and a sub-micron post-filter.
Some of the advantages of the Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House System are:
- It can go up to 10 years or purify 1,000,000 gallons of water and only need replacements for its pre-filters
- It has a huge capacity and a high output; and it will produce up to 7 gallons per minute or 1,000 gallons a day, covering the needs of even the largest household. It will cover more than 3 bathrooms and there will be no significant pressure drops
- It is highly regarded by most users who routinely give it the highest rating
- It has a 90 day money back guarantee, so if you do not feel convinced by it the first 3 months, you can give it back and get a refund
- Its components were made in the US which means higher quality and that replacements and pieces will be always available
- The customer service is based in the US too, so you can always call and be helped by someone who understands you
Some of the disadvantages of the Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House System are:
- Despite including a professional installation kit with all the necessary fittings and tools, the installation can be complicated for some and may require the assistance of a professional
- Its physical dimensions can be huge (44” long by 46” high and 9” wide); being very complete, this is not precisely one of those systems that can be installed under the sink, but you should have no problem if you can put it in your basement
- If your household is small (1 or 2 bathrooms) and your water demands not so big then this system may be an overkill, so remember this system was designed for medium to large households of up to 3,500 square feet
- It will not reduce the hardness of your water as it is not a water softener or conditioner, so if you have an issue with that, then it will continue to be a problem and the EQ-1000 will not help with that
In conclusion, the Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House System is a very complete option with a very high output that will keep your water supply clean and pure for at least the next 10 years, and, most importantly: its users love it!
So if you have the necessary budget, if you don’t have considerable problems with hard water and if you have a big family or consume lots of water, then the Aquasana EQ-1000 Whole House System may very well be the best option for you.